Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Analogies

Analogies~

I've taken into writing quite a bit of analogies recently, as you may have noticed in my previous entries, be it in English or in Chinese. For those people who see stars in my blog, please change the encoding under view/encoding to unicode. Don't ask why this angmo jiak kentang why she suddenly have this cheena wave, maybe have been too affected by recent happenings. And to those people who doubt my language capabilites, shame on you! lol...

Wanna share a couple of other analogies I put up on other places...

On women,

women are like flowers, with adequate love, care and concern, they will bloom and blossom. but if casted one side, they will wither up and rot and die...

they can't survive only as a bulb, but also need to stalk to hold them tall, the green leaves to enhance the brightness of their hues, and in some cases, the thorns to prevent them from being hurt...

when the time is not right, they wont open. even if you forcefully pull open the petals, they will not last long. if you attempt to remove the thorns by force, you might get pricked, if you attempt to remove the leaves, you will find that sometimes the leaves are so stucked onto the stalk, and if you attempt to detach the stalk from the bulb, that's the end of the flower.

some flowers are brightly coloured and attract lots of attention, some are plain yet its beauty lasts long, some are sweet smelling and attracts lots of little insects along, some elegant and classic that everybody just loves.

But Joan is not a flower, not a bulb, not anything sweet and nice-smelling. She's a vine, a creeper, looking for a tree, to climb onto the tree in search of sunshine and fresh air. Without it, she won't have a chance for survival.

Crawling on the dense undergrowth of the rainforest, when the vine spots a strong sturdy tree trunk that she tought might be ale to support her, she would all her last strength to push herself forward and twine herself round the tree trunk, slowly creeping up the tree to the warm sunshine and fresh air. She's not asking much, except for the tree to always be by her side giving her support. She doesn't need to tree to provide her with any nutrients or water or anything save for support. She's not a fungus, nor is she mould, she won't feed on the tree, she just wants the tree to help her when she needs the help.

Of course, she won't ask for help for nothing. She willing to give the tree company and sometimes attracting bees and butterflies over to help polleniate the tree. She's also willing to feed of the fungus and mould growing on the tree to make the tree grow stronger. All these just fot the tree's support.

But she doesn't know why, the tree got sick of her hugs and on this dark stormy night when the winds blew strong, he cut a deal with the wind to blow away the creeper. From then on, never did he ever wanted to see the creeper anymore. And the poor creeper, not knowing that she was discarded, betrayed by the dear tree, lay alone in the dense undergrowth of the rainforest crying her heart out.

Should the vine search back for the tree she once so heavily relied upon, or should she look for a new tree to provide her with the support she badly needs?

Joan is also a jellyfish.

A jellyfish with no backbones, or any kind of bones at all. Not having any own decisions, being tossed and thrown about in the deep blue ocean by the currents and the waves. She can't swim or can't do anything of her own accord as she doesn't even know herself what she wants to do or where she wants to go.

Sometimes, there would be a passerby of a big fish or a sea mammal. The jellyfish would clutch onto that sea creature and hitch a ride to somewhere. Somewhere where she doesn't know where. Only after arriving at her destination will she regret her actions. Yes, it was fun hitching a ride, but now, she's lost. The sea creature has left her to go off on his own. The jellyfish looks around the foreign ocean bed, not knowing what to do, except to wait for another sea creature to come by and bail her out. But would she really be bailed out?

it doesn't seem so. The vicious cycle sets in. The other sea creature would pick up the jellyfish and sends it to another place, another foreign ocean bed, leaving her lost and forlorn.

Deep in her heart, the jellyfish wishes that she could be like the other sea creatures, have a backbone and a brain of their own. But what can she do when she's borned so? Nothing can change what she really is. Even if she attempts to fake it, it would only be a farce.

How do you find these analogies? I love them.
If our emotional selves could bleed I'd be covered entirely in blood.

To people who don't know me, everything I typed here, there or anywhere stems from me, myself and Joan, and 萍. If I do happen do get my materials from another place, I'd definitely do the quotings. I'm a responsible little girl unlike those pirates out there. Do not doubt me, do not even give me the benefit of doubt, just accept my writings for me.

A little side note, someone asked me why don't I name names on my blog. Well, I don't for the same reason I don't have a friendster account despite my sister blackmailing me. Friends, you do know I love you can already. And when you think that I might be writing about you on my blog, just treat it as I'm writing about you. To those friends I'd named on my blog sometime or another, you guys are the special ones! lol...

No comments: