Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Pullover

My sister just sent an SMS from Taiwan telling my mother that she lost the pullover she borrowed from me.

wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
*wails out loudly*

That's the World Cup 2006 Germany pullover I bought from Karlstadt at 30euros. It was so cheap because I bought it from the kids department, kids clothes are cheaper because they aren't taxed. But that's not the point, the point is that you can't get that pullover from anywhere anymore. And I really liked it.

I bought it when I went on my immersion summer of 2005 in Germany. It's black and warm and soft and comfortable, with the world cup logo printed on the front. There's a hood too. Sometimes, I like to drape the hood over me and use the sleeves to bind around my shoulders because it was too warm to put it on but too cold to not put it on. I know I look dumb that way, but I always console myself that I'm more cute than dumb. I really liked that pullover you know.

Then when I went back to Germany in the summer of 2006, I brought that pullover along. I once spotted a kid wearing the same pullover at me, and he pointed at me while I made faces at him. Cute~ Then there was the Berlin trip which I decidedly didn't bring along my cold clothing, but only this pullover because I thought my bags was too heavy. It turned out to be a big mistake because of the torrential rain. In the end to keep myself warm, I wore 4 layers of clothes, my tee under, then my long sleeve buttoned shirt, then this pullover, then my raincoat over. With that I roamed the streets of Berlin. That pullover went places with me.

hai...

Then the thing about it is that I don't think there are any pictures of me with it. Perhaps there might be some pictures from my Berlin trip, but there isn't any pictures of me in the pullover where the pullover is the centre of attaction of the picture. It had always seemed to me that I was going to keep that pullover for the longest period of time, so there isn't a need for me to specially take a picture with it. sucks...

Hope my sister don't lose any more of my clothing. Especially not my most most most favourite adidas dress/coat. damnit...

No comments: