Monday, December 01, 2003

This and That

these few days have been rather eventful... in chronological order,

ive got a tan, although it is not a very nice one. at this very moment, my skin is peeling from the sun burns, and it itches terribly. maybe i should get a proper sun tan lotion or something like that, then again, a lazy person like me most likely would not have the determination to maintain the tan even though i have a swimming pool downstairs... haiz...

i bought a digital camera. okay, i didnt really buy it, i shared with my father... its a canon powershot a80, 4.0 megapix with a rotatable screen, powered my 4 aa batts which can last quite a long time, definitely better than the ixus rechargable batt kind... well, im not the tech savvy kind of person, so if anyone out there is interested in that kind of digital cam and wants to know more about it can contact me, that is if you have yet heard me brag about my new camera... *giggles*

the girls came over my place to model their dresses that they are going to wear for prom. id want to describe their dresses, but i dont think its very nice since its their dress, so let them describe it themselves, or id describe them and their whole look after the prom. hopefully, by then id have learn how to upload pix onto my blog and i can upload the whole lot of my prom pix! anyone wants to teach an idiot how to upload pix onto the blog?

i went back to dunman high and met up with a whole lot of people from my cca then. meeting my juniors, i realised that ive grown old... the sec2s from my time is like the graduating batch now! just think about it, in a 3 months time id be 19 which is like almost 20 which is like so old! argh!!!

eunices mother passed away. after learning about this and reflecting upon it at home, i really must be thankful of my family. id always taken all 4 of my grandparents for granted, not to mention my parents, so i must be thankful! i resoluted to myself that i will try to visit my grandparents as often as i can make it and i would try not to lose my temper to my parents and my sis no matter how irritating (okay, maybe i shouldnt use that word, how about chatty?) they are, especially my sis.

there was another 4b outing. this time we went to the airport. we met at the mrt station and surprisingly the staff there didnt mind us sitting around and chatting. then we went to swensons for dinner. the staff there was damn polite and patient even though we took like 20 min to finally confirm our order, he didnt get irritated, singapore should have more of these sort of people in the service industry. after dinner, we found a corner at the airport and sat down and chat. its quite sad only 12 people went to this outing, it seems like the class population is dwindling...

i bought a bag for prom. id wanted to use my mum’s silver bag, but i couldnt fit the camera in, so i bought a nicely sized bag to put all my stuff in. its a white glossy pvc bag with a buckled small pocket at the front, about 25cm in length, round sides thats about 7cm in diameter and is hand held. its $29 after discount from topshop, if interested, you know where to get a bag like that. my only problem after buying the bag is that id be totally in whit for my prom except for my shoes which is silver. would the shoes look out of place? haiz...

things id have to somehow or another find time to do: make my choker and arm bands, like by tomorrow!!! but im still deciding if my ribbon should be two-winged or four-winged... and i need to finish writing my christmas cards. ive written only one out of the 50+ im preparing to send! and ive not finish buying enough christmas cards, only 20, one box! this year im really way wayyy behind schedule... im blaming the loss of my electronic organiser for all the addresses, but using my pathetic brain, i know the main reason for my not keeping up with schedule is only due to one word. procrastination. the biggest evil of the modern world...

guess i should continue with the cards now, do the choker tomorrow morning while watching my video of last friday tv programmes, then go over eunices place, continue with the cards when i reach home, do my nails at night, sleep early for the big prom the next day, then buy more cards after the prom, continue writing the cards, send them out by the 17, get a job, and most most importantly, not let the big BIG P-word get any way!!! watch out for further entries to find out the failures of joan angs determination, or rather, the lack of it...