Friday, March 12, 2004

Elaine

Just 30min ago, this girl Elaine called to the radio station wanting to dedicate a song to her friends cos she could not continue befriending them. Upon probing, the deejay found out that Elaine was detained by her boyfriend in his house at this very moment. He had also disallowed her to continue meeting her friends or talk to them over the phone. To ensure her obedience, he beat her up and even used cigarette butts to burn her. The deejay advised her to report this matter to the police immediately. A while later, Elaine SMSed back to the radio station that she had called the police and the police would be arriving to rescue her.

This set me thinking. What is love?

Females have always been disadvantaged in a relationship ever since the beginning of time. They have been the subject of violence and abuse when the relationship goes wrong. They suffer both emotionally and also physically.

Man?!

Here, I would like to dedicate a song to Elaine. This is one of my favourite songs, but here, ive translated it. I think id still captured the essence of the song... Any idea what song is it originally? hehe...

*If Only I Were You*
I’d used all my heart to hug you
Willing to love you and put your interests before mine
Thought you’d taken over the whole of me
Suspicions mixed with faith
Our present also includes our past
Time is not enough for you to commit yourself
You would always leave me at the wrong moment
Distancing from our relationship
For me to take the initiative and look for you
If only I were you
I’d relief you to love me wholeheartedly
Every moment from the bottom of my heart
And when you look back at me
I’d still be at where you’d left me standing
Really, can you ever pay me back?
More courage than what I’d put in
If only I were you
I’d continue this long path of love
But I am not you
And whenever I think of this
I can only try and understand and keep the tears to myself
Loving you, Never giving up
We’d been through many rough patches
It’s not my intention to beg you to come back to me
Just to let you know the pain I’m suffering
And every time I think of this
Not a slight hope is left, Only tears
But I can never be you
***
Although this situation is quite different from Elaine’s, I can say that her life could have been better if she was him, but as the last line, she can never be him... Well, on a lighter note, since she has called the police, that guy would probably get into trouble with the law; Elaine can live a better life now!

I would like to use this opportunity to wish Elaine all the best for her future (without that guy)!