Sunday, May 09, 2004

Buying a Piece of Hope

**I still need someone to go with me to watch Faye Wong’s concert.
Anyone interested? Dont hesitate, just call me up!
Price negotiable, just treat it as accompanying me... Please? **

These few days, my life seems to be rotating round a singular concept, buying a hope. What I have been doing lately have been pretty much trying to get out as high a percentage of hope as possible. What is hope? How do you actually buy hope?

I dont really know the answer of the above two questions myself, but an example would be the bottle of anti-stretch mark essence I just bought. It is a widely know fact that these sort of commercial products, like bust-increasing cream, slimming gel, blah, are not known to be that miraculous, but I still bought a bottle to try out. The $19.60 I paid for is what I can call buying a hope.

Sometimes, I dont use money physically to buy a hope, but my actions and the real value of my sacrifices make it that I am almost as if I were buying a hope. Using opportunity cost to buy my hope.

Why do I need such hopes? I dont know that either...

I just know that my ultimate hope is to find a someone who can provide me with all the hopes that I need to go through life... ...

Or that my hopes can slowly one by one materialise into reality... ...