Saturday, November 06, 2004

The Bush

So, Kerry did not manage to chop down the Bush!

Personally, I would prefer John Kerry to have become the President instead of our dear George W Bush, but I'm not American, so I can only just rant here how and why so. I mean I can't even vote in our next elections.

Like most Asians polled by various media, I prefer Kerry to Bush mainly because I believe that it would be to our regional advantage if Kerry came to power as he seems less hard on our region than Bush. Not only that, I think Bush has a ridiculous stance on Iraq and his methods against terrorism seems rather debatable, and basically, Bush just looks like a pathetic president. The latter reason being purely a personal judgement and you can blast me for it, but I don't care.

Okay, now thinking a little bit more in depth, all my reasons are personal judgements. Personally, I'm against war and American occupation in Iraq, thus I think the Bush is ridiculous. My dear European Studies lecturer has labelled me as "revisionist" liao, so I don't think I can be any more radical by my next couple of remarks. I don't think Osama really has that close links with Iraq, so I'm really skeptical about the Bush using that reason for his occupation of Iraq, and I think it is stupid of Americans to just because of that Osama video change stance from Kerry to Bush at the very last minute. Well, actually, other than Osama driving the plane crashes, I don't think he is that of a terror. Yes, many people lost their lives in the 911 incident, but more people died in Iraq than at WTC, so I don't think Bush really validated his point of curbing terrorism. Cos, there I think there isn't much difference between war and terrorism, both kills people by hordes, it's just that war SEEMS more jusified than terrorism, yup, the keyword is SEEMS, cos I dont agree with it.

I don't see a difference between Osama and Bush (okay, so shoot me! I've already been shot my that lecturer who called me REVISIONIST, so...), they both make use of other people's lives to achieve their own utopia. Not saying that I'm for Osama, it's just that I'm against Bush and I think that Osama is just like Hitler, misguided about their ideals. It a way, I think that it is the same for Bush. Yup, for those who don't know, I was labelled revisionist due to my comments on Hitler...

On another note, this US election result is interesting in that we can see that Asians really see things in different perspectives from Americans. For Kerry, even though he lost, he can take pride in that he is more popular in Asia than the Bush. Okay, so my point is that why are Asians different from Americans? Maybe to Asians, Islam isn't that foreign and scary to us that we need not the radical methods of the Bush to counter against it. Really, I think that Osama video really did skew the election results just like the bullet incident skew up the Taiwanese election results.

Another could be that, the polls done were before the Osama video was shown, so the Asians did not see the need for more Bush security even though they are really scared of Osama.

On a very personal note against Bush is that I really can't stand his daughter. I mean who in a right mind would wear a dress that would go transparent under flashlights to a function knowing that she would be photographed without wearing a bra? Her brainlessness can only be accorded that she has bad genes. Man... Don't Bush know how to teach his children?

But then again, US presidents, or presidential candidates, all seems to have rather screwed up personal lives. Remember the Bill Clinton uproar when he did his intern? If our dear Lee Hsien Loong ever do a Bill, or his daughter do a Bush, they can forget about continuing their lives in Singapore much less remain our dear Prime Minister. It was already scandalous enough that his first wife commited suicide (remember, it's against the law to commit suicide in Singapore?) and that he actually got himself a second wife. At least his second wife was clean and not someone whose first husband died and left her with a huge business empire (think: Kerry, ha!).

Ending the gossips on a nicer tone, here, via the vast Internet, I'd like to extend my congradulations to Mr Bush for winning a second term to serve his people just as long as he maintain current relations with Singapore. Cos other than that, I don't think he will actually affect me that much, so whoever it is who wins, by all means I will accept you (like what else can I do?). Serve you people well, Bush, and try not to do anything stupid, little Joan here wishing you best of luck in the next couple of years and hopefully after that, Kerry can succeed you much against your wishes.

Ever notice that after every elections in whatever country, Singapore will try her best to send out letters of congradulations as soon as she can to the winning party? And she would state that she is very pleased that [insert name of winning party] came out as victors and would wish that party all the best. I bet the letter is saved and reused every time a party wins elections with just alterations to the part after "dear".

That is what I'd call, politically correct.

No comments: