Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Tribute to Hermit

Before I start writing out this post, I was wondering what format should this entry be like. Should I post an entry with lots of pictures of the said character, should I detail this entry with lots of links to the blogs of this person, or should I just write whatever I think about this guy. Well, you see, this guy here asked for a tribute written for him. But heck, I'm not going to do so much work for him. bleahz...

Instead I shall make this into more of a post about myself, referencing the guy who wanted a tribute. I was chatting with him one night and we talked about the 90s Canto and Mandopop songs. He sent me a couple of songs, and one of them was Andy Lau's Bu Neng Mei You Ni, translating loosely to Cannot Live Without You. It's a very standard 90s Andy Lau's song, but somehow, after repeated playing of this song on my Windows Music Player, the song stucked in my head. I ended up in my that self pity mode all over again.

《不能没有你》
刘德华

往事历历在心田
扯动强忍已久的思念
命运这样捉弄人
让你重新出现在眼前
不敢出声留住你
害怕伤心总会又重演
望着你背影
独自和冷风缠绵

挣扎不知多少年
才愿相信你早已走远
或许在别人怀里
才有你梦想中的春天
缘份不要我爱你
为何不让我心甘情愿
留下的回忆
还要折磨我几遍

我怨天怨地怨自己
不能没有你
我说情说爱说不尽
有谁愿意听
寂寞象是一把火烧
在漫漫黑夜里
照亮了过去
刺痛我的心
教我该如何平息

永远也无法平息

I was examining the reason behind my soft spots of Andy Lau and Aaron Kwok's songs of the 1990s. I think it was mainly because of my TV diet during that period of time. Andy Lau and Aaron Kwok, in the 1990s, acted in a whole lot of Hong Kong movies, and they would naturally sing the theme songs of those movies they acted in. Growing up in the 1990s, watching those Hong Kong movies and some drama serials, I grew to enjoy their songs. And those songs being written so vividly, everytime I hear them I can almost picture the scenes of the movies all over again. That was my childhood.

First thanks to that Hermit guy, for all those songs he sent me~
(hmm... With me publicly tributing my gratitude does that mean I can have those songs for free? hehehe~)

I wanted to link up his blog to his name, but cos he has retired from blogging currently so I don't suppose it makes any sense of me to link up a dead blog, does it? *waves* I suppose that's a hint for you to do something to your blog? hahaha~

1 comment:

Hermit said...

wth... you still owe my $4.50!