Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Kim's Hokkien Mee

I was supposed to blog about this last night but I was too tired. I'm tired today too, but well, I need to have something to do as I wait for Champions League night. So, three entries I shall post in a night, with this being my second one, pretty jialat hor...

If you think me jialat, can please vote for me here:
http://nusartsclub.org/blogfest/
I think I'm the only one out of the rest of the finalists blogging this much, of course, I'm the only one who doesn't have any term papers nor exams to mug for, but also of course non of them are needing to buy airplane tickets, packing luggage, or settling irritating administrative stuff like me. bleahz~

Actually I wouldn't be blogging about this piece if not for the father.

daddie: You must remember to tell all your friends about this place.
daddie: They sell the best Hokkien Mee.
xxoos: Tell? That means must blog about it.
xxoos: If not how I bring up this subject of the best Hokkien Mee to my friends out of no reason or anything.
daddie: Then go ahead lor.
xxoos: That means must take picture.
xxoos: Stop eating! I take picture first~

27032006204
It's along Still Road, near Eunos there.

Well, if the father says there the Hokkien Mee is the best, then there must really be the best. Why? Because the father grew up in Serangoon Gardens, and the Hokkien Mee there is the second best in Singapore. hehehe~

I only starting eating Hokkien Mee maybe about a year ago. The first time I ate Hokkien Mee was with the person who led me into my rough patch, so Hokkien Mee does have this special place in my diet. *Now, who can still say that Joan is high maintanence? I'm still that Ah Beng girl in heart lor* Hokkien Mee to me is the local version of seafood pasta. hahaha~ I love seafood pasta, but well, it's not cheap, so often when I'm craving for seafood pasta, I'll eat Hokkien Mee in place. I'm really deep in heart your local Ah Beng (not Ah Lian though).

We ordered the $10 one to share between us, the parents and me.
27032006202
This was actually half eaten. Look at the above conversation to know the reason.

There was like 5 prawns and about 6 sotongs (in seafood pasta it's called calamari) 3 sng kams (look at this on Char Kuay Teow to understand my needs for sng kams) and lots of zhuyouzha. Some places sell Hokkien Mee with pork pieces, I don't like those, hence I really love this place's Hokkien Mee.

27032006203
See how big the sotong and the prawn are~

As the father was saying, it's very funny when he orders (the store owner knows my dad since he's always there) for himself it would be Hokkien Mee without prawns and sotongs, for him and the mother it would be Hokkien Mee without sotongs, for him and her and me it was Hokkien Mee. I got to eat all the sotongs, and two (or was it three?) prawns~ The perks of eating with the parents, I get to eat lots of seafood since they don't eat much. The father don't eat seafood at all, he's allergic. The mother don't eat sotong, I don't know why. Because she doesn't eat sotong, she brought up me and my sister not to eat sotong, but in the end we both were exposed to the devil and never looked back ever again. lol~

I'm hungry now. damn... And my next post is about food too... shit!

No comments: