Friday, June 30, 2006

Detective Conan on Youtube

I'm addicted. I've spent the whole of today wasted on Detective Conan. I was supposed to do my readings, bathe, prepare an essay outline, and in the end, all not done. I'm screwed. I watched almost all episodes of Detective Conan online, the movies, the OVAs, and what nots. Previously, I only watch the English subs, but I'm now taking into watching the Chinese subs, so far so good. But very time wasting. I'm screwed.

To be very honest, I'm a leecher. I watch all episodes anonymously. I take the trouble to sign out then watch all the videos, I don't know why I do that either, probably to cover my tracks. I don't comment and I don't rate videos. Neither do I flag them or do anything to them. I'm a silent leecher.

Recently, quite a number of users have had their accounts suspended resulting in a subsequent decrease in videos. Sucks~ But I'm a leecher, so I can't say anything about it. Anyway, I don't think I'd upload anything online, I'm too scared of the copyrighting laws even though I leech. bah~

Anyway, I'm trying to do up an AMV cum fanfic right now, but I can't seem to get the scenes I want. That video in youtube doesn't play finish, I don't know why. I've been trying to get it to play for two days but it hasn't been able to. I need to try again tomorrow, hopefully I will have better luck then. Also hopefully experience will make me a better AMV maker. The clips I have now are already of much better quality than before, so at least I know in one aspect I have already improved.

Some pet peeves when watching videos on Youtube. I know I don't have a right to be peeved since I'm a leecher, but this is my blog anyway, it serves as a platform for me to rant, and I will do just so.

Subs.
I want to watchs subs!!!

Widescreen.
This doesn't apply to Detective Conan, but too Tsubasa Chronicles and xxxholic which are ongoing projects with multiple uploaders and every single episode has been uploaded. I prefer the widescreen versions.

Parts.
Some people can upload an episode in full, some need to divide them into parts of each less than ten minutes. I used to watch the full episodes in preference to the parts version, but recently, I think I prefer the parts one. It's faster to upload and when it hangs and I need to refresh it, I won't waste that much time going through the earlier parts.

Private videos.
If you want to share your videos, bloody hell just share them. If you don't want to share, don't share. I don't see a point of people putting them up as private videos and make people be their friend just so that they can view the videos.

Comments.
I also hate it when I'm forced to comment. Comments should be freewilling, so is rating and stuff.

People's Comments.
It's stupid to read comments like "Thaaaaaaanks!!!", "Coooooool!!!". Okay, it's not that bad compared to comments like "Yay! I'm the first to comment!", like duh~ Although I'm a leecher, it still makes me cringe as much as those uploaders to hear comments like "Can you upload episode xxx?", "When are you going to upload part x?", or worse "I want to watch xxx anime, upload that can?" Those are really stupid irritating leechers. Yes, I leech, but I don't go to the extent. We are leechers and are at the mercy of those who uploads, that doesn't give us any right to demand anything. I like discussions about the contents of the show though~

Stalling.
I hate it when the video stalls and I need to refresh. I need a more stable internet connection. Can't wait to go home so that I can spend hours on youtube with any interference.

People who only watch animes on Youtube.
And have no idea of what's going on in the missing episodes. They'd as in the comments what happened and why. Bloody hell. It just sounds so stupid. Examples, "That guy just called him Kudo? When did he know about it?", "Who's that girl? Is she also shrunked like Conan?" If they don't know they really shouldn't be watching the videos.

Youtube's search list.
There is no systematic ranking of the videos that comes out of Youtube's video search. And there's no way I can to filter out the disgusting AMVs. Youtube needs a better search engine, and a proper system so that I can go directly to the page I want to go to, or a longer list of search results. bah~

Video's descriptions.
Please at least describe the videos so that we can have a brief idea of what to expect and to gauge if we've watched that before.

I seem to prefer the people doing up Tsubasa Chronicles and xxxholic, I think their median age is definitely a lot higher than the people doing up Detective Conan. There are like five different people doing up the entire series and some other people doing up different episodes of the two series. And they always put them up as immediately as possible, in high quality, and I get to choose to watch some of those in widescreen, where people won't look thinner than they are.

But then again, Detective Conan is a very old series and it's still running and the subbing people are well, I don't know where they are. But anyway, I'm a leecher, I can't complain.

Seriously, I think I need a life, a life that doesn't involve sitting at a computer the whole day and do nothing except watching videos online. Maybe I should work on my that AMV now. Even without the clips I want, I think I can still come up with something. Or maybe I should go and bathe. Or maybe I should do my readings. And don't have to remind me, I should also be putting up my travel logs and uploading photos to my the other travel journal/photo album. And I also need to upload my pictures from Herzogenaurach to my computer. And I need to show those balls to you before you see them on TV!!! Those are the highlights from my trip. You need to see them on my blog before you see them anywhere else.

I'm so screwed. I'm such a procrastinator, and youtube's really not helping much at all. bah~

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Joanie, I know this has nothing to do with ur post, but I just want you to know that I am thinking of you. Come back after the World Cup ok? =) Then we can do more shopping wahaha

Tristan said...

Detective Conan tv show is amazing...I like all the episodes of this show...While i was searching Detective Conan Episodes from this link . i have found this link and watch many episodes of Detective Conan as well as many others. The quality of the episodes is very fine. From now i always use this link to watch latest tv shows.