Tuesday, December 16, 2003

sian...

its now been one month after my last exam paper, but some how it seems like its been ages. ive did so many things since then and went out like almost everyday to feel tired and prolonged. before the exams were over, id many plans made for this long vacation, but after this one month, quite sad to say, i have yet done much.

im like so behind time for the christmas cards!!! i HAVE to complete them by today, send them out by tmr or it would be horribly belated. last year during this time period, i told myself that i had to learn from past mistakes and start earlier this year, but due to the big P problem, even though i did start a month ago, im still way behind time... haiz...

i also need to pack up my room for the new year. sianz... really, what can be more putting off than tidying up your room? okay, if your room was something like those picture-perfect ones you see on tv, indeed, there would be nothing to pack and you only need to just freshen things up a bit. however, if you still keep your primary school textbooks, along with your pile of 8 years worth of study notes and another 5 years amount of magazines, packing up can be a herculean task. my mother wants me to throw away my primary and secondary school stuff and all those mags, but thinking how much money id spend on those really dampens my heart to throw them away. even notes dont come in cheap okay! and all my effort listening to lectures, copying notes, they are all my hard work! how can i bear to throw them away?! then again, looking around my room, 1 clothes cupboard, 1 large book cupboard, my computer table, my desk which the table surface cant be seen due to all the books, cds, radio, stuff, are all piled high on it, 1 plastic cupboard containing odd shaped ornaments which cant fit anywhere else, 1 standing fan, 1 plastic kids table which the table surface also cant be seen due to even more odd shaped ornaments, 2 movable desk chairs piled high with a years worth of mags, 1 bed, 1 leisure mattress id just got from my grandmother, 1 clothes stand, 3 plastic big boxes of notes and textbooks, 1 paper box of even more notes, basically, now you cant even tell if the colour of my room floor much less walk in my room... haiz... i need a professional packer to help out in my room if i want my mother to be happy with my room... haiz...

on a happier note, wubai has released a new album, leiqiao!!! i really admire wubai! he is talented, composing songs, penning lyrics, making music, producing albums, doing shows. not only can he write songs for himself, he can write for other artistes, even tailor make songs for them. not just any ah mao ah kow would want his songs, but big names such as andy lau, jacky cheung, faye wong and such have obtained songs from him! the direction of this leiqiao album is slightly different from the feelings of his previous albums, playing down on the noisy bits of rock music, but still retaining his signature wubai style of music. rapport between him and his band, china blue, is also as strong as ever and in a couple of songs, their background vocals adds a wholesome sound feeling. lyrics wise, wubai is still so tragic and beautiful.

i mean, to pens words like “sweet images/ are shed like leaves and petals/ from now on my life/ have become dust”, “i have no head/ but i have blood/ no eyes/ but have tears/ no mouth/ but have words to say/... my blood is flowing on the ground/ my body is thrown into the sea/... i have no head/ and no body/ no eyes/ and it doesnt matter/ a gust of wind/ through my clothes...” all comparable to his “in my life, there was never you” kind of acute sadness...

i sincerely hope that wubai and china blue can make another trip down singapore to promote their new album.