Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Game

I was with my friend in town today. We met just before 5pm, and headed for an early dinner. The plan was actually to sit down, slowly eat, chat, catch up, and then probably do something else later at night. But we ended up finishing dinner at 6.45pm, the sky was still bright, we didn't know what to do. So we decided to take a walk down Orchard Road and hopefully burn all the fats from dinner. Because we were bored, I thought of a game to spice things up.

The who knows more people game!
Rule No. 1: It can be anyone you know, friends or relatives.
Rule No. 2: You must call out to the person and say hi to him/her.
Rule No. 3: In the case of a big group of people, only the one/s you know is counted.
Rule No. 4: The one who has a bigger head count at the end of the night wins.

I thought of this dumb game after we met Sheena at Ichiban Boshi. She was there with her family. Actually, I saw her parents and one of her sister walking in first. Her father was so recognisable man. Even though it's been a couple of years since I graduated from TJ, he still instills that kind of fear I have for him, especially after my sister just got caught by him a couple of days ago and she was relating her horror tale to me. *shudders* I was once caught by him for a really stupid thing, I wore PE shorts to school without a skirt. I stay so near to school lor, I walk to school in the hot sun lor, why would I want to waste one skirt just to go back to school on a holiday somemore. I wore that pair of shorts to my make up lecture and my teacher also never say anything.

Okay, bah, the main point isn't about my gripes. Anyway, a couple of minutes later Sheena and her other sister did walk into the restaurant. hehehe~ So, meeting Sheena made me wonder how many more people I'd meet, hence the game was conceived.

Me and my friend left Wisma and walked down Orchard Road all the way till the end at about Delfi there. We stopped by Borders to go to the toilet. And we went into adidas at Pacific Plaza to try on a dress, okay, I tried on the dress. It was fabulous, but at $159, I decided to give it a miss.
Head count of that stretch of road:
Joan 0
Friend 0

We crossed the road hoping to change the environment a little, so we walked down that stretch of road back to Shaw Centre.
Head count of that stretch of road:
Joan 0
Friend 0

We went into Shaw Centre to try our luck in the shopping centre since shopping centres are always packed with throngs of people.
Head count of that shopping centre:
Joan 0
Friend 0

We decided to walk down back to Wisma, and walk down that stretch of road. Halfway, we decided that we were too tired from walking and wanted to find a place to rest and have dessert. So we walked down to Cineleisure.
Head count of that stretch of road:
Joan 0
Friend 0

We went into Cineleisure and went to Cafe Cartel for desserts, and to catch the Man Utd vs Bolton match. I'm a Chelsea fan, Friend is a Liverpool fan, we both wanted Man Utd to lose, but they didn't. Damn it...
Head count of that shopping centre:
Joan 0
Friend 0

After the match we decided to go back. Actually, wanting to catch the Chelsea match I decided to go over to my friend's place. We walked down from Cineleisure to the bus stop at Orchard Point to take 14, but decided to head down to Meridien instead where we could take either 14 or 36.
Head count of that stretch of road:
Joan 0
Friend 0

First Conclusion: We are both lonely pathetic people with no friends.
Second Conclusion: Our friends have no lives! They don't go to town at all.
Or maybe it's just that we are not fated to meet any friends lor. hai...

It's closing to the end of the semester already, it's the time when all of us are swamped with essay deadlines, projects, tests, revisions for the final exams. Even couples our age seem to prefer lounging at home sleeping, watching DVDs, nua-ing or doing other stuff, than actually hitting the streets. The effects of being an old fogey. Oh well~

Do try out this game when you're out with your friends next time ba. See who knows more friends, see whose friends are more happening, see whose friends are nua-ers... hahaha~

No comments: