Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My Lovely Sister

While I was at Sarawak, my sister spearheaded the parents to buy a very expensive adidas orginal jacket for me. The reason was because my sister lost my World Cup Germany 2006 pullover. Apparently, she heard that Changi Airport's T3 had this FIFA Concept Store, but she didn't know that it was in the transit area until she got there. Anyway, back to this jacket...

Rewind a couple of weeks earlier when I was out shopping with my sister. She spotted this jacket, pastel yellow with baby pink adidas three stripes, very nice and comfy and a very hefty price tag on it. Let's just say that it's the most expensive item in my wardrobe excluding my dinner dresses, and my adidas dress. Sure, I thought it was very nice, but my sister was in love with it. She told me to buy it, and I jokingly told her to buy it for me instead. The story ended there, or so I thought...

Fast forward back to when I was in Sarawak. Apparently, my sister told my parents that I called her to buy that jacket for me, so she wanted them to split the cost of the jacket with her to buy it for my birthday. So she paid for 1/3 the jacket while the parents each paid the other two thirds.

I came back from Sarawak pretty worn out with a deadline looming, and while I was in the state of half consciousness, I lay around my bed, probably half asleep. Somewhere, I thought I saw my sister bring in the adidas paper bag and put it on the foot of my bed, but I carried on sleeping. When I woke up I saw my birthday present, with a card on it. The card read that that was my belated birthday present, from my sister and the parents. My sister wrote it, so she used the personal pronoun ME, which she had it capitalised and underlined and bolded it. Below, she added a postscript saying that she wanted to borrow the jacket tomorrow.

erm, yes...

I think there's a Hokkien term for that, chao kuan. The parents too agreed that that was a perfect term to use on the sister.

Anyway, a little bit later, my sister told me that she told my dad that I wanted to rear a puppy. erm, let's rewind a couple of weeks ago...

My sister told me that she wanted a puppy, a pure white Siberian husky. So I told her that S wanted to rear a puppy too, so maybe next time we might rear one, and he's also quite interested in a Siberian husky. But that was just talk la, I'm not the kind committed enough to look after puppies, and of present, it was also not possible for us to have one, no money no space no nothing.

Fast forward back to present day. My sister said ta dah, there, you said you wanted to rear a puppy. -_-" I feel so maligned, like words taken out of my mouth put into the wrong context. Anyway, my dad didn't even bother listening to what my sister has to say about puppies, his decision is final, no puppies.

My sister still has the cheek to say that S can get a puppy first then put in our house and when we get our own place by then my sister would be staying in the hostel already and we can get the puppy back, erm, by then the puppy would have become a huge dog already. ahh... Whatever...

No comments: