Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Back from Benelux with... More Memes...

I'm back from Benelux very much alive and happy. The only downside to this Benelux trip is that I'VE GOT SUNBURNT!!! Bloody hell... The weather forecast said the temperature was 16-20°C, but but but it turned out to be like 22-30°C. It was so freaking hot, that I almost died somewhere in Amsterdam. It wasn't that bad in Luxembourg even though I already had wanted to buy a skirt to wear instead of keeping my long pants on. I had to buy a top in Brussels because I didn't pack enough clothes, two tops for four days in 16-20°C is more than enough, but definitely not enough for 22-30°C. I couldn't find nice skirts in Brussels, ended up buying a skirt in Utrecht before going to Amsterdam. Lucky for me, Amsterdam was so so so freaking hot at 30°C.

Yes, I'm from Singapore, and I'm used to 30°C, but you don't ever see me in long pants in Singapore, never. I like wearing skirts, and immediately after changing into the skirt, and with my sleeveless tops, it's almost like my normal attire. The clothes I wore to Konstanz is definitely not my normal attire. The Konstanz trip and the Benelux trip was like only two days apart and the temperature difference was like 20°C... What the heck...

Music Meme

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

Joan using her N70 mp3 player.

How does the world see me?
Mavis Fan - 我要我们在一起
Why does the want to be with me? hmm...

Will I have a happy life?
Aaron Kwok - 渴望
erm... Like not answering the question like that leh... hmm... Or is it that I can only want a happy life?

What do my friends really think of me?
Beatles - I Want to Hold Your Hand
Eh, not everybody can hold my hand hor...

Do people secretly lust after me?
Fish Leong - 宁夏
The summer so peaceful I think no one is lusting after me ba... wahaha~ eh, wait... The song is about someone wanting someone some peaceful summer day, so maybe there's just this one person 思念着我的脸... hehehe~

How can I make myself happy?
Faye Wong - 执迷不悔
hai... The only way to make myself happy is to be stuck in shit and just lie in the shit forever. But sort of true ba... After all I'm such a masochist. hai...

What should I do with my life?
Fort Minor - Where'd You Go
Every day in my life, I sit in one corner and wonder where you went, every day, without fail...

Will I ever have children?
Faye Wong - 夜会
That's a song about infidelity leh... It's a song inspired by Wong Kar Wai's In the Mood For Love, so I guess I won't have children, even if I have, it's probably the other guy's. Wait... Did Su Lizhen in the end have a child? I remember there was a boy somewhere in the movie leh... hmm...

What is some good advice for me?
Eminem - Mockingbird
"Now hush little baby don't you cry, Everything's gonna be alright" Not a bad advice... I guess...

How will I be remembered?
Faye Wong - 宽恕
This is currently in my MSN message, 爱比恨更难宽恕.

What is my signature dancing song?
Dicky Cheung - 真真假假
hahahaha~ So old school~ Must try dancing to that tune one day, it also happens to be that Jimmy Lin's 不是每个恋曲都有美好回忆, so must try those 90s Cantopop kind of dancing sia... wahaha~

What do I think my current theme song is?
Karen Mok - 冬至
指尖以东在你夹克深处游动
能抱拥便抱拥下次用好友身份过冬
街灯以东白雪吻湿双眼瞳孔
能放松便放松泪比飞霜沉重
空港以西习惯生关死劫流逝
能放低便放低沉重感可叫机身跌毁
机舱以西直觉以光速去传递
坐快车乘早机自此疏於连系
我每次快分手总见雪花涌涌
预感的悲哀随雪花迎送
情人为什么给我吉卜赛的心
逛尽天地失去安稳
认错了方向颠倒快感
情人像游客给我吉卜赛的心
畅游之后总要伤感
陪水晶球热吻
北京以北热吻比风沙更绵密
能啜泣便啜泣下次怕他说今生永不
东京以东白雪比香薰甜蜜
愚蠢得愉快得迟早得到惩罚
Actually, think it's quite true... hai...

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Wubai - 大雨
大雨它冲走所有的美梦
想象的幸福全部被淘空
...
是不是你就要我走?
Actually, another of my favourite song of the same title is Wawa's 大雨...

What song will play at my funeral?
Elva Hsiao - 夜
This is the movie version, from 《夜奔》, so the opening is the lines from the movie.
Huang Lei's character: 那个大学的夜晚,当我一个背转身,我和林冲既是生离,也是死别了。
The ending's lines are, still said by Huang Lei's character: ... 握住他的身,对他说出我的爱...
erm... I'm not gay hor... But if play something like that in my funeral, I wonder if any guy would say something like that in my funeral anot. If there is, I'm more than willing to die.

What type of men/women do I like?
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
I like life, I like people who know how to live life, it'd be good if they can be my guide. Okay, not they, just one of them would do...

What is my day going to be like?
Terry Lin - 散了吧
wah kau... Like that my day so sad ah?

I like this Meme! Must do it again~ wahaha~

Another Meme. This meme like got no name like that leh...

1) How old do you wish you were?
16, when things were simple.

2) Where were you when 9/11 happened?
At home studying for exams. The next day was our History Prelim Paper, my class was saying that if we tio, we needn't sit for that paper liao, we'd have been making history.

3) What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
press press press and call the hotline number. Fuck! I hate it when something like this happens. Kanasai...

4) Do you consider yourself kind?
To certain people, yes definitely, to others, definitely not. bah~

5) If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
My back, one nice big dragon~

6) If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Deutsch. bah~ And I'm still not making an effort to learn the language well.

7) Do you know your neighbours?
My house mates here, I know them pretty well. My neighbour back in Singapore, still okay, as all Singaporean condo neighbours like that, not especially close, but can do little chats.

8) What do you consider a vacation?
Going to somewhere with a credit card and nothing else.

9) Do you follow your horoscope?
I think it says my personality and character but not what will happen to me today.

10) Would you move for the person you loved?
depends on the person, depends on the place, depends on my commitment level. I'd say, yes, maybe.

11) Are you touchy feely?
With close guy friends, quite. Girls, don't touch me!

12) Do you believe that opposites attract?
Depends.

13) Dream job?
Writer, then after I sold my millionth book, I'll direct that into a film, maybe play a small role in the film.

14) Favorite channel(s)?
I watch for the show not the channel.

15) Favorite place to go on weekends?
Online.
Maybe can go up to Hinterzarten to chill over some coffee and cake.
In Singapore, Siglap or Marine Parade, and watch the world go by.

16) Showers or Baths?
Depends. Generally I think showering and bathing is a waste of time, but when I bath I like it to be nice long and hot.

17) Do you paint your nails?
Manicure sometimes, as in go down to my manicurist. Don't get me started on the last time I tried to cut my nails myself. A total fiasco sia~

18) Do you trust people easily?
I trust friends. But between lovers, I can never be able to trust him, and I more importantly am unable to trust myself.

19) What are your phobias?
The fear of fear itself. I'm quite a bold person, actually.

20) Do you want kids?
Yes. James and Jadies.

21) Do you keep a handwritten journal?
I used to, atually I still do, but very seldom write things in there.

22) Where would you rather be right now?
In the arms of someone I love.

23) Who makes you feel warm and fuzzy?
In the arms of someone I love. Or the thought that I would be able to do so.

24) Heavy or light sleeper?
Depends.

25) Are you paranoid?
Yes.

26) Are you impatient?
I've short attention span.

27) Who can you relate to?
I don't know. I don't even know if I know myself well enough or not.

28) How do you feel about interracial couples?
Other people is other people's problem. For myself I know the possibility is very low.

29) Have you been burned by love?
Burned? That would be a total understatement.

30) What’s your favorite pick-up line?
Haven't heard of good ones yet, but I've lots which I hate. The worst, "Can I have your Friendster account?" Even when said in real life it's still disgusting, to think that some people still live in virtual in reality. It already sounds bad when one says it over the internet, but to say that in real life? Fuck, get a life man... And for the record, I hate it especially so because I'm the last person living an active virtual life without a Friendster account~ And I'm proud of it!

31) What’s your main ring tone on your mobile?
Just changed it to A Song of Storm and Fire, from Tsubasa Chronicles, and xxxholic.

32) What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping on board the City Night Line, in a bunk~ First time doing that~

33) What did the last text on your cellphone say?
The last one on my German SIM is from Gabriel, the last one on my Singapore one is an invitation to a birthday party which I can't attend.

34) Whose bed did you sleep in last night?
The City Night Line's bed. It was more comfortable than Gabriel described, maybe it's because I'm more used to lying on my tummy, so instead of sitting or lying, I lay on my tummy and did my stuff.

35) What color shirt are you wearing?
White~

36) Most recent movie you watched?
MI3, in German~ I love Tom Cruise~ This reminds me, I really should be watching MirrorMask, maybe later tonight.

37) Name three things you have on you at all times?
Underwear? Some clothes? Visual aid, either specs or more often contacts. If talking about what's always in my bag, wallet, keys and handphones.

38.) What color are your bed sheets?
White Stusie sheets.

39) How much cash do you have on you right now?
No more than €20, but I have about S$60 which I can't use anyway. Maybe I'll go duty free shopping when I go back home.

40) What is your favorite part of the chicken?
Breasts.

41) What’s your favorite town/city?
Baden-Baden, currently.

42) I can’t wait till:
I go back home, or is it? I don't know. I miss home a lot, but it's sad to end my dream of a tour of Europe. hai...

43) Who got you to join LJ?
I'm on Blogger. The girls got me on Blogger.

44) What did you have for dinner last night?
Some pork, and mashed potatoes, courtesy of dear Gabriel, THANKS!!! I'm a picky eater, and I irritated him thoughout his cooking, and I am still alive, and he hasn't killed me yet~ woohoo~

45) How tall are you barefoot?
1.68m

47) Do you own a gun?
If I do, I'd probably be dead long ago. Thank God.

48) What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Coke. I prefer to drink coke in the morning, afternoon and night, and always.

49) What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
My body. I dare say I don't have that bad a figure, and it's not that bad naked either. bah~ Too bad for you~

56) Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
Don't know.

57) Last thing you ate?
Some cheese flips thingie, sort of like Cheezels like that.

58) What songs do you sing in the shower?
Any song that comes in my mind.

59) Last thing that made you laugh?
Can't remember, think I cracked a joke about something yesterday but I can't remember it.

60) Worst injury you’ve ever had?
This one? But that only bloody, the bad ones are those I sprained my ankles and can't walk ba...

61) Does someone have a crush on you?
Don't know.

62) What’s your favorite candy?
Don't have any. But that reminds me, I bought a bag of sweets in Konstanz and hanven't finished them yet.

63) What song do you want played at your funeral?
I don't want to play song, I just want a guy to say what Huang Lei's character said from the above meme. Can't remember the name of Huang Lei's character.

Finally~

Yup~ Watch this place for my travel logs, first Konstanz, Singen, Triberg, then Luxembourg, Brussels, Amsterdam, Kinderdijk, and a little bit on Utrecht. Next where shall I go leh? wahahaha~ Think I go watch some more football matches first ba...

No comments: